- BDPA account (fees, forms, etc)
- BDPA Member Handbook
- Staff Listing
- Valley View Middle School
- Campolindo High School
- Lesher Center for the Arts
- Del Valle Theatre
All questions should be directed to John Maltester, Artistic Director: 925-765-4636 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Some membership forms will be sent to you for an electronic signature. Others are available for printing. You can check the status of your assigned forms on your account page.
Sample forms (the actual forms will be sent to members/parent for an electronic signature):
- SAMPLE: BDPA Member Agreement
- SAMPLE: Code of Conduct Policy
- SAMPLE: Emergency Medical Release and Liability Waiver
- SAMPLE: H&W Program: Consent and Release Waiver
Printable forms (these will also be emailed to you as part of your member form packet):
- H&W Program: Pre-Participation Physical Examination
- H&W Program: Pre-Participation Physical Evaluation Questionnaire
- DWS Contract of Understanding
BD Performing Arts is committed to providing a safe and healthy environment for every person who participates in our organization. The following pages outline our policies surrounding harassment and misconduct.
- How much does it cost to participate?
- The exact participation fees vary from year to year, but generally the cost for participating in the Diablo Wind Symphony is approximately $475 (high school students and younger) and $325 (for college students). Payment can be made in installments. Installment due dates are sent out to members upon acceptance.
- Is there any financial aid available?
- There are a variety of scholarships that members can apply for.
- Do I need to be in a school music program?
- All DWS members MUST be in their school music programs unless their school does not have a program. There are no exceptions to this requirement.
- Do I need to bring my own equipment?
- Yes, you will need to provide your own instrument. Some percussion equipment is available at the rehearsal and performance sites. Please contact John Maltester with any equipment questions.
- How often does the group rehearse?
- Rehearsals are Tuesdays, 4:30–7pm (extended time on rehearsal before concert date). Other activities include retreats, instrumental clinics, and guest artists. See the full calendar.
- What kind of paperwork is involved in membership?
- After auditioning, prior to full acceptance, each member must fill out a variety of forms. These forms include standard medical releases, medical history, policy agreements, etc. They will be sent via DocuSign for electronic signatures. You will also need to provide a copy of your birth certificate as well as a copy of your health insurance card. You can read all the BDPA member policies in the BDPA Handbook.