Bill Watson is a 1980 graduate of the University of Houston where he received his Masters of Conducting in 1995. Mr. Watson was fortunate enough to be a student of Eddie Green and has benefitted from numerous mentors, including Jack Fariss, Richard Crain and Henry Schraub.
Mr. Watson is currently the Director of Fine Arts for the Lewisville Independent School District, located in Denton County just north of the Dallas-Ft. Worth area. He is also in his sixth year as a member of the brass staff for the Concord Blue Devils Drum & Bugle Corps.
Mr. Watson served 30 years as a band director in Texas, working in the Spring and Birdville School Districts at both the middle school and high school level. Mr. Watson has been fortunate to have worked with marching organizations that have received numerous awards, including 5 Texas UIL State Marching Championships, the 1993 Bands of America Grand National Championship, and 7 DCI World Championships.
Bands under Bill Watson have earned numerous honors, including 9 TMEA State Honor Band appearances, including the 1984 Class C Middle School Honor Band. The Spring High School Band performed at the Midwest Clinic in 1994 and received the Sudler Flag of Honor in 1995.
Mr. Watson received the “Texas Young Bandmaster of the Year” award in 1986 and the 1998 Southwestern Bell Sponsor of the Year. He was also named the 2003 Richland High School “Teacher of the Year”. In 2015 he was named "Lewisville ISD Administrator of the Year". His professional affiliations include TMEA, TBA, TMAA, TMAC, and Phi Beta Mu.
- 2017 A Corps – Brass, Consultant
- 2016 A Corps – Brass, Consultant
- 2015 A Corps – Brass, Consultant
- 2014 A Corps – Brass, Consultant
- 2013 A Corps – Brass, Instructor
- 2012 A Corps – Brass, Instructor
- 2011 A Corps – Brass, Instructor
- 2010 A Corps – Brass, Instructor
- 2009 A Corps – Brass, Instructor
- 2008 A Corps – Brass, Instructor
- 2007 A Corps – Brass, Instructor
- 2006 A Corps – Brass, Instructor