To be the global leader and innovator in youth development through music and performing arts.
BD Performing Arts permanently enriches the lives of young people through a commitment to youth development and performance excellence, while providing enjoyment for our local community and audiences worldwide.
Music and the performing arts connect youth with their culture through a common language crossing generational, social, and racial barriers. The activities that a young person pursues influences the type of person he or she becomes. The experience that comes with participation in a performing arts organization builds discipline, character, pride, and self-confidence at a crucial age and forms the springboard to even greater achievements in adulthood.
Our Core Values represent what is important to us and directs everything we do in pursuit of our Vision and Mission.
- Innovative Excellence: We strive to achieve excellence through embracing innovation in every aspect of our programs, initiatives, services, products, and operations.
- Entrepreneurial: We approach all challenges and opportunities with an entrepreneurial spirit, thoughtfully taking risks to achieve our vision and mission.
- Student Focus: We have a relentless focus on students which results in enriching the lives of young people.
- Leadership: As an organization and as individuals, we promote, foster, and recognize leadership as key to achieving our mission.
- Global Citizenship: We embrace our role as global citizens by demonstrating social responsibility and ethical behavior across all our activities.
- Principles: We live by a set of Principles that guide our conduct and behavior.
Our Principles guide our behavior and conduct. Our Principles are one of our Core Values and are the foundation for realizing our Vision and Mission.
- Do the right thing: We are committed to doing the right thing as an organization and as individuals. Integrity drives ethical behavior and is critical to our enduring global reputation.
- Take care of our people: As a family, we take care of our people regardless of role in the organization. Health and Wellness is fundamental to achieving excellence in everything we do. Safety and Security of all constituents is foundational to health and wellness.
- Be Respectful: Respecting others fosters dignity, self-esteem and collaboration which is critical to our mission. Respect applies to people, cultures, laws and customs across our global activities. Attitude, Manners and Language that promote a positive, creative environment are important to healthy relationships and to achieving our vision and mission.
- Be Inclusive: By being inclusive, we elevate our commitment to global citizenship and avoid all forms of discrimination.
About BD Performing Arts
BDPA offers young men and women between the ages of 8 and 22 high quality educational and performance experiences in the areas of musical and dance performance. Founded in 1957, BDPA’s objective is to develop personal character through challenging physical, emotional, mental, and social activities while promoting the values of dedication, hard work, and commitment to a team effort. Over 450 young people currently participate in BDPA programs, and over 8,000 young people, in 2,000 families, have been served by the BDPA organization since 1957.
Entirely community-funded, the direction of BDPA is guided by a dedicated and unified effort of volunteer parents and a professional teaching staff, who work in close harmony with the young members to create and maintain a proud, responsible, youth organization. All instruments, instruction, and costumes are provided to participants who pay a modest annual participation fee.