Blue Devils Celebrate 50th Anniversary in 2007
This year will be the most exciting ever for The Blue Devil Organization as they celebrate 50 years of excellence. Established in 1957 as a Drum and Bell corps, the organization has grown into a world renown performing arts organization with a unprecedented 11 Drum Corps International World Championships.
The staff is already hard at work to produce the most memorable and
entertaining production in the corps history. Some of the
tentative 50th anniversary events planed for the year will be
- Return of the Spring Concert
- Summer 50th Anniversary kickoff drum corps show June 16th - Precision West
- Indoor theater concert the day of Precision West
- Friday August 3rd Concert and 50th Anniversary Grand Gala in the Bay Area
- Saturday Night August 4th Bay Area DCI Regional
- Saturday Afternoon events the 4th leading up to evening Regional
- Alumni events all week of August 6th through the 11th
- Alumni and donor breakfast with the corps during championships week
- Friday night Alumni party at the Rose Bowl
- Other alumni events in and around Pasadena
The Blue Devils will have a large block of 2007 World Championship Super 3 ticket packages. These are THE BEST SEATS Pasadena’s Rose Bowl Stadium has to offer for the 2007 World Championship. You will have the same seats for all three nights of Division I competition, including Quarterfinals, Semifinals and Finals. Also they will have a large block of Saturday night only seats available. The Blue Devils will also be selling the best seats for the Northern California DCI Regional on August 4th, as well as all tickets for Precision West on June 16th. Please watch soon for purchase information.
Hotel rooms are being reserved for both the August 4th weekend in the Bay Area and in Pasadena for the Rose Bowl.
If you are alumni of The Blue Devils. NOW is the time to start planning a week long vacation to California starting Friday August 3rd through August 11th and be a part of a week long events celebrating The Blue Devils 50th Anniversary as the world best corps come to California for the party. Remember after the 2007 summer in Pasadena, the World Championships will be in the Midwest for 10 years in Indianapolis. Do not MISS this possible once in a lifetime event.
There will be continuous announcements throughout the year. Please check back often.
For further questions, information or if you would like to volunteer to serve on one of the panning committees,