System Blue Goes International: Educational Event In Malaysia
In mid-December, a team of 30 Blue Devil members and staff will be the featured clinicians at the WBC International Band Camp in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. Hosted by the Malaysia World Band Competition and Zi Productions, this 3-day event marks the first time the Blue Devil's System Blue Educational Series travels abroad.
Launched in 2009, System Blue Live Events and Educational Series has served thousands of students and educators through a variety of camps and clinics at locations across the USA. From intense multi-day skills camps to instrument-specific clinics and master classes, participants are able to study in a focused and enriching environment that includes performing alongside the members of today's top drum and bugle corps.
While in Malaysia, Blue Devil members and staff will present a multi-faceted marching band skills camp that is open to brass, winds, percussion and guard students and teachers. To date, band students and teachers from Malaysia, Indonesia and Thailand have enrolled. Sessions will include Master Classes, technique sessions and large-group classes, all led by the Blue Devils.
Bringing System Blue Educational Series to Asia compliments the Blue Devil's strong commitment to the continuing education of its members through both national and international travel. This commitment affords Blue Devils members an opportunity to experience a variety of diverse cultures, traditions, customs, and contemporary lifestyles of the world community, through performances and personal interaction. Since 1983, various Blue Devils ensembles have appeared in seven European nations as well as Japan, South Korea and Australia.
The WBC International Band Camp featuring The Blue Devils and System Blue Live Events takes place December 15-18, 2011 in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
For more information on this event and other System Blue Live Events, check out www.systemblue.org or email email@example.com. To learn more about the Blue Devils, visit bluedevils.org or email firstname.lastname@example.org. To learn more about the WBC International Band Camp, visit mwbc.my.
International travel by Blue Devil ensembles since 1983 include:
- 1983 - An ensemble of the Blue Devils performs at the 21st Century Celebration in Osaka, Japan
- 1988 - The Blue Devils drum line performs at Japan Greenland Park
- 1988 - The Blue Devils Indoor guard performs in Holland and competes at Dutch Finals Color Guard Championships
- 1992 - A portion of the Blue Devils travels to Nice, France to participate in the Nice Carnival, with stops and performances throughout France and Holland
- 1996 - An ensemble version of the Blue Devils performs on a 10-day tour of Japan
- 1998 - A Blue Devils B corps ensemble competes at the World Marching Festival in Kanagawa, Japan
- 2000 - The entire Blue Devil A corps travels to Europe for performances in Holland, France, Belgium and Germany
- 2000 - The Diablo Wind Symphony completes a fourteen-day Australian tour with performances in major Australian schools including the Newcastle and Queensland Conservatories of Music
- 2002 - A 38-member Blue Devil ensemble is the guest of the city of Okayama, Japan
- 2003 - The Diablo Wind Symphony perform in Sweden and Denmark
- 2003 - A 58-member Blue Devil ensemble returns to Okayama, Japan for the "Marching Okayama" celebration
- 2005 - The entire Blue Devil A corps once again travels to Europe. Performance stops include Holland, Belgium, France and Italy
- 2005 - A select group of Blue Devil percussionists perform in Seoul, South Korea as part of the Seoul Drum Festival
- 2007 - A small ensemble of Blue Devils returns to Okayama for the 20th Annual Marching in Okayama Festival, marking the corps third time participating in the festival
- 2011 - A 25-member ensemble of Blue Devils heads to Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia as part of the corps System Blue Educational Series to lead a 3-day clinic at the International Band Camp