Audio Performance Downloads
This summer after select DCI performances, you'll be able to purchase and download a corps' entire performance from those shows (or multiple corps or, heck, the entire show) to your computer for one incredibly low price per corps! All from the comfort of your own living room!
This concept, absolutely new to DCI this summer, is named "DCI Audio Performance Downloads" (APDs).
DCI will be professionally recording all corps performances on June 26 at Louisville, Ky., Siloam Springs, Ark., and Seattle, Wash., on July 16 and 17 in Orlando, Fla., and Aug. 5 (quarterfinals, in Denver) and placing the recordings online for purchase in the DCI online store. Some shows will be posted 45 minutes after the corps steps off the field! Others will be available several days after their performance.
DCI's music download system uses the same basic technologies as purchasing songs on Walmart.com, Buy.com or several other online music purchasing systems. Customers will use a common credit or debit card to complete the transaction.
Basic APD facts:
- Each corps download will cost $2.99
- Downloads will be 128 kbps or 192 kbps Windows Media Audio files with DRM encryption.
- You will need Windows Media Player 9 to play these files.
- At this time, Apple/Macintosh computers and iPods are not compatible.
- Once you download a file, you must be connected to the Internet on the first play.
- You can transfer these tracks to CD five times, back them up on two other computers, and put them on portable listening devices as many times as you'd like.
Fifty percent of the proceeds for audio performance downloads (APDs) for Division I corps goes directly to the corps whose performance is downloaded. For Division II & III corps, their 50 percent goes into the 2004 pool fund to be distributed to Division II & III corps at the end of the season.
The other fifty percent of all APDs goes toward the cost of recording and licensing with any remainder going toward the general operating fund of Drum Corps International.