Continue Your Education
BDPA is committed to offering our members quality education. We also emphasize the importance of continuing your formal education. The Bay Area has some of the finest schools in the country. Listed below are several colleges within a 50-mile radius of Concord. Please contact the admissions office for further information.
Diablo Valley College
321 Golf Club Road
Pleasant Hill, CA 94523
Los Medanos College
2700 E. Leland Road
Pittsburg, CA 94565
University of California Berkeley
120 Sproul Hall
Berkeley, CA 94720
California State University, East Bay
25800 Carlos Bee Boulevard
Hayward, CA 94542
San Francisco State University
1600 Holloway Ave
San Francisco, CA 94132
San José State University
1 Washington Square
San Jose, CA 95192-0009
There are a number of scholarships available. There are several scholarships available from organizations outside BDPA that you may qualify for. These include: S.O.M.E Sponsors of Musical Enrichment Jim Ott Scholarship, DCI Hall of Fame Leadership Scholarship awards, and the Fred J. Miller Scholarship. To find out what may be available and how to apply, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
All members who fulfill the requirements of the scholarship guidelines are eligible for the BDPA Scholarship (a $500 educational expense scholarship awarded to three members). Applications are available any time at the BDPA office and must be submitted by June 1 of the current year.
Guidelines for the BDPA Scholarship:
- Dedicated to the pursuit of competitive excellence through the disciplines of the arts.
- The applicant must have participated in two competitive years in a BDPA program prior to January 1 of the application year. Participation is defined as performing in at least one half of a unit’s competitive shows. Applicants must have performed in at least one half of a unit’s current year’s competitive shows to be eligible. To qualify in any unit that unit must be recognized as being actively competitive for that particular season.
- The recommendation of the applicant’s unit manager is required. The applicant’s commitment to the program (attitude, attendance, and other corps support) will be evaluated.
- The applicant must be in good financial standing and must be current on all fees or dues that are payable to BDPA.
- Preference will be given to applicants with performing arts majors and longevity in BDPA.
- The applicant must be in his or her senior year of high school or already attending a college or university, or a trade school/vocational school specializing in performing arts, and enrolled in at least twelve (12) class units.
- This information must be submitted by June 30 of the following year or the recipient will not be eligible for the award. Individuals who fail to meet these criteria will lose the award, but may reapply.
- Scholarship(s) granted will be paid by check written to the recipient. The recipient must first provide verification of his or her enrollment in twelve (12) class units as specified in #7 and must also have met his or her participation requirement as stated in #2.
- The scholarship committee is free to award up to three $500.00 scholarships depending upon the number of qualified applications. The scholarship committee may elect not to award any scholarships if no qualified applications are received.
- The scholarship will be granted for one year only. Previous scholarship recipients are not eligible for a second award.
- All applicants will be notified of the outcome prior to the annual BD Family Day. Announcement of scholarship recipient(s) will be made at the Family Day performance.